When are you setting our goals for 2012 running events? I like to set my goals 6 months in advance so I can prep with ease and not be rushed. I like to make sure I have a comfortable set of clothing. I like to have my shoes, socks, running shorts, running shirt, running hat, sunglasses (for the glare) and above all else my running bib holder.
When you are running you need to make sure you display your running bib in a way so that it can be seen. In some events you can get a time penalty if you do not display your racing bib. After your event we offer a way to to display your racing bib in a commemorative way for all to see. Check out our racing bib display.
1. To show off your accomplishment
- If you completed the L.A. Marathon, Boston Marathon, New York Marathon and the such you should be excited about that and show it off.
2. To be able to talk about the event
- When you host a party or have friends and family over your guests will see it and and you will have something to talk about more then how work is going.
3. To prove to others that you did it
- Sometimes people just do not believe the things you do. Having your racing bibs displayed nicely will prove to all what you have done and show them off.
4. To keep your goals on track for the next event
- Sometimes after we have have done a great task we do not have the motivation to keep going. Keeping your racing bib displayed for all to see including yourself will help with that.
5. To push yourself
- Pushing yourself for the next 5k, 10k, half-marathon, full marathon or whatever your next event is you need to push yourself and make it better. Having a daily reminder will help with this.
So yes you need to display your racing bib, you need to be proud of it and get ready for the next event you have. Whether it is the New Year’s Revolution Run or the Boston Marathon you need to have your goals.
A while back I raced in an event and when I was done I was proud of my accomplishment. I had no way of proudly displaying my accomplishment and hung it up like most of us do with a tac on a cork board. I thought long and hard and came up with this idea of displaying my race bib in its honor.
There is not longer a need to put it up on a tack, put it in a drawer, or throw it away. Now we can all display our accomplishments the way we should, for all to see. So check out what we are making, in due time we will add more colors, fonts, and styles. If you have any ideas let us know and check out our current race bibs.